Colonel Natasha S. Taylor is the Deputy Wing Commander, 113th Wing, District of Columbia Air National Guard, Joint Base Andrews, MD. She is the primary advisor to the Wing Commander on the command, control, and oversight of two flying organizations, an air sovereignty detachment and several supporting units. The 1,300 member wing consists of the 113th Operations, Maintenance, Mission Support, and Medical Groups. Flying units within the wing include the 121st Fighter and 201st Airlift Squadrons. The 121st is responsible for F-16C missions including overseas combat operations and the 24/7 National Capital Region Aerospace Control Alert duty and the 201st utilizes the C-40 to execute worldwide special air missions for cabinet members, Congress, and other senior military leaders.
Colonel Taylor enlisted in the United States Air Force in 2000 and received her commission in 2005 as a distinguished graduate from Officer Training School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama. She has commanded units at the flight, squadron and group levels and served at Headquarters Air Force as the Executive Officer to the Deputy Director, Air National Guard and Air National Guard Advisor to the Director for Logistics, Joint Staff, Arlington, Virginia.
Prior to her current assignment, Colonel Taylor served as the Commander of the 113th Mission Support Group, Joint Base Andrews, Maryland.
2004 Bachelor of Science, Education and Development, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Ill.
2005 Distinguished Graduate, Officer Training School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Master of Arts, Human Resource Development, Webster University, St. Louis Mo.
2010 Squadron Office School, by correspondence
2014 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2016 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2019 LOGTECH, Advanced Program in Logistics and Technology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2020 Air War College, by correspondence
2021 Master of Science, National Resource Strategy, Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
1. November 2004 - February 2005, Student, Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2. May 2005 - July 2005, Student, Logistics Readiness Officer Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. February 2005 - March 2006, Vehicle Management, Flight Commander, 437th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C.
4. March 2006 - July 2007, Assistant Installation Deployment Officer, 437th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C.
5. July 2007 - April 2008, Fuels Management, Flight Commander, 437th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C.
6. April 2008 - August 2011, Installation Deployment Officer, Squadron Operations Officer, 113th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
7. August 2011 - June 2014, Manpower & Personnel Flight Commander, Wing Sexual Assault Response Coordinator, 113th Force Support Squadron, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
8. June 2014 - August 2016, Commander, 113th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
9. August 2016 - January 2017, Deputy Commander, 113th Mission Support Group, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
10. January 2017 - April 2018, Executive Officer, Deputy Director, Air National Guard, The Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
11. April 2018 - August 2020, Chief, Strategic Communications, Air National Guard Advisor, Joint Staff, Directorate for Logistics (J4), the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
12. August 2020 - June 2021, Student, Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
13. June 2021 - May 2023, Commander, 113th Mission Support Group, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
14. May 2023 - September 2023, Director, Human Resources, Headquarters, DC National Guard, Washington, D.C.
15. September 2023 - Present, Deputy Commander, 113th Wing, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. April 2018 – August 2020, Chief, Strategic Communications, Air National Guard Advisor, Joint Staff, Directorate for Logistics (J4)., as a lieutenant colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Army Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with silver and two oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Army Superior Unit Award
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
National Guard Association of the US and District of Columbia, lifetime member
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant February 18, 2005
First Lieutenant February 18, 2007
Captain February 18, 2009
Major May 22, 2013
Lieutenant Colonel May 24, 2017
Colonel Aug 20, 2021
(Current as of Oct 2023